Mobile Forensics & CDR Analysis
The participants will be given a case briefing along with relevant exercise data. At the end of this simulation exercise, the participants will be able to identify the key player or ringmaster.
The participants would be given a complaint document mentioning the date and time of a crime and will be provided related data in form of Tower Dumps of required date-time.
Case Simulations involving different cases related to IPDR analysis would be conducted and related step action guide will be provided.
The participants will be provided with a handout on Do’s and Don’ts while handling mobile phones as evidence and the SOP for forensic extraction of data from mobile phone device.
- Basics of mobile phone technology along with identification of mobile devices at the scene of the crime (SoC).
- Concepts of Mobile Phone Forensics along with Data Acquisition from Mobile Phone and Analysis of that data.
- Understanding concepts of CDR, and the various formats of CDR as provided by Mobile Service Provider
- Types of data that can be sought from a Mobile Service Provider (CDR/SDR/Cell-ID chart/GPRS/IPDR).
- Process of tracking Mobile devices.
- Analysis of multiple CDRs to establish a common link
- Tower Dump Analysis.
- Briefing on types of IPDR: Mobile-number based IPDR/GPRS, IP-based IPDR, Tower IPDR